xsl-list

Re: Retrieving the date of processing

2004-08-17 00:46:43
On Aug 15, 2004, at 6:54 PM, Frans Englich wrote:

For a (docbook) project of mine, it would be practical to fill the content of an element with the date of when the actual processing took place. I have a
vague memory of an old (probably outdated) book which mentioned an XSL
function which returned just that. Judging from google's empty answers, I'm rambling. Is there such a function, or can my problem be solved in some other
elegant way?

Here's the relevant parts from my XSL stylesheet.

<xsl:stylesheet version='1.0'
xmlns:xsl='http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform'
xmlns:fo='http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format'
xmlns:fox='http://xml.apache.org/fop/extensions'
xmlns:date='java.util.Date'
xmlns:format='java.text.SimpleDateFormat' exclude-result-prefixes='date'>

[...]

    <fo:static-content flow-name="xsl-region-after">
<fo:block text-align="right" space-after="0.75in" end-indent="1.0in" font-size="8pt">
                        <xsl:variable name="pattern">yyyy-MM-dd</xsl:variable>
                        <xsl:variable name="SimpleDateFormat"
select="format:new($pattern)"/>
                        <xsl:variable name="Date" select="date:new()"/>
Draft date: <xsl:value-of select="format:format($SimpleDateFormat, $Date)"/>
      </fo:block>
    </fo:static-content>

--
_Deirdre  web: http://deirdre.net   blog: http://deirdre.org/blog/
Story "A Sword Called Rhonda" in anthology _Turn the Other Chick_