xsl-list

Re: FO: padding within list problem (really FOP)

2004-08-12 00:56:42
Hi,

>> It means fo:block, fo:block-container (except for positioning bugs)
>> and fo:table-cell (with even more caveats). I don't think it would

Why don't they say so more explicitly on

http://xml.apache.org/fop/compliance.html#fo-property-commonenv?

Reading "only implemented for blocks", I either think of "all
block-level elements" as defined in the formatting model, or of
<fo:block> (ok, and container).

>> ever work on fo:table, fo:table-row, fo:list-block and the other list
>> FOs. Note that padding isn't an inheritable property.

It works very well for fo:table for me - strange. Just tested it again
by adjusting and changing values for padding-bottom - definitely
interpreted, and correctly on top of it.

It does not work for fo:list-*, however, and also not for fo:table-row.

>> The biggest problem is actually that space-before/after is forced.

What do you mean?

>> That's strange, I always thought space-before/after is applied even on
>> empty blocks.

In my example it wasn't. I can send you a code snippet, if you want. I
only managed by introducing an NBS if the block would otherwise have
been empty.

Cheers,
Ralph