xsl-list

FO: padding within list problem (really FOP)

2004-08-10 09:31:21
Hi,

I've got the following code snippet:

[list excerpt]

<fo:list-item>
  <fo:list-item-label>
<fo:block padding-bottom="1.7mm">
<xsl:value-of select="/root/variables/print/FileReferencePriceTag/countOfOwners" /> <xsl:value-of select="$colon" />
    </fo:block>
  </fo:list-item-label>
  <fo:list-item-body start-indent="body-start()">
    <fo:block padding-bottom="1.7mm">
<xsl:value-of select="/root/data/BaseDboFileReference/FileReferenceEvaluations/FileReferenceEvaluation/AmountPrevOwner" />
    </fo:block>
  </fo:list-item-body>
</fo:list-item>

[other list-items following]

The padding properties were added in fo:block because FOP didn't use it when it was within any of the parent elements. (If anyone knows a better solution to this, please let me know.) They are meant to ascertain a certain distance between the list items. (is that the way to do it?)

The problem I'm facing is that if anyone of the <xsl:value-of> evaluates to null (i.e. empty element in XML source tree), there is no padding anymore in that line and the next item data overwrites that line (it "moves up").

I would like to sort that out. Any ideas appreciated?

Thanks,
Ralph