xsl-list

testing 1st child

2004-08-06 05:55:16
Any suggestions would be appreciated

I have some numbered steps that may have several children in any order
but I only want to test the first child of the step

If it is a figure, warning, caution, or note do one thing if it is a
title or a para do something else

I tried the following with mixed results

<xsl:when
test="child::figure|child::table|child::warning|child::caution|child::no
te">

Sample xml :

<step1>
<note>
<para>blah blah</para>
</note>
<para>xxxxx</para>
</step1>

<step1>
<para>xxxxx</para>
</step1>

<step1>
<para>xxxxx</para>
</step1>

<step1>
<note>
<para>blah blah</para>
</note>
<para>xxxxx</para>
</step1>

Confidentiality Notice
The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and intended for use
only by the person(s) or organization listed in the address. If you have
received this communication in error, please contact the sender at O'Neil &
Associates, Inc., immediately. Any copying, dissemination, or distribution of
this communication, other than by the intended recipient, is strictly
prohibited.