xsl-list

RE: testing 1st child

2004-08-06 08:16:57
I have some numbered steps that may have several children in any order
but I only want to test the first child of the step

If it is a figure, warning, caution, or note do one thing if it is a
title or a para do something else

I tried the following with mixed results

<xsl:when
test="child::figure|child::table|child::warning|child::caution
|child::no
te">

<xsl:template match="step[*[1][self::figure|self::table...]]">
ONE THING
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="step[*[1][self::title|self::para...]]">
SOMETHING ELSE
</xsl:template>

Michael Kay

Sample xml :

<step1>
<note>
<para>blah blah</para>
</note>
<para>xxxxx</para>
</step1>

<step1>
<para>xxxxx</para>
</step1>

<step1>
<para>xxxxx</para>
</step1>

<step1>
<note>
<para>blah blah</para>
</note>
<para>xxxxx</para>
</step1>

Confidentiality Notice
The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and
intended for use only by the person(s) or organization listed
in the address. If you have received this communication in
error, please contact the sender at O'Neil & Associates,
Inc., immediately. Any copying, dissemination, or
distribution of this communication, other than by the
intended recipient, is strictly prohibited.