xsl-list

RE: how to Filter the log files

2004-09-29 05:03:33
Hi,

This is a sample XML file.Actually there might be lot of XMLs.
In the XSL I wrote, I want to incorporate a logic through which I can
filter out all those XML files in which responseCode is not 0.All the

Select only those sampleResult elements that match that condition.

XML files in which the responseCode is 0 ,then xml filename should be
written in a text file say textA.txt.
All the XML files in which any responseCode is not 0,then xml filename
should be written in a text file say textB.txt.

Unfortenately XSLT doesn't allow you to write to external files. You can go
around this by:

1. using XSLT 2.0 <http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt20/#creating-result-trees>,
2. using extensions elements that allow you to create additional result
documents, e.g. <http://exslt.org/exsl/elements/document/index.html>,  or,
3. calling the transformation twice with a parameter to define which response
codes you want.

Check if your processor supports 1 or 2, and if it doesn't, then 3 is your only
choise.

MoreOver in the XSL code you sent me, can you tell me how to
create the
file/folder?=20

You can't. There is no XSLT instruction that allows you to do that, except if
you use either 1 or 2 of the above list.

It would also be nice if we can filter out the HTML files generated
through XSL instead of XML logs.

I don't understand.

Hope you might get what I want to perform :-)

Please help me to provide the solution.

Choose your approach based on the capabilities of you XSLT processor, then come
back if you run into problems.

Cheers,

Jarno