xsl-list

Re: applying templates to all but ...

2004-09-24 07:38:52

So why did it work correctly?  Because the value was specified and it
didn't need to default?

yes, if you'd used the XSLT2 as= attribute in a few more places to
specify expected types of things you would have got a compile-time error
before your stylesheet ran that the parameter should be a string and it
had been set to a node set. Whether or not you think such type checking
is a good thing is a kind or religious issue that I don't want to go
near:-)

I'm a little worried about performance; a small document is now giving
me an execution time of 3796 milliseconds.  Perhaps this trick can
shave off some of that in a few places.

or 4 seconds in English. When I were a lad, it used to take 15 minutes
per page to process a document through TeX, but we were happy....

David

http://www.star.net.uk