xsl-list

Re: xsl grabbing specific data

2004-09-09 08:18:35
Only question I have now is say
that an xml has two identical trees, Like

<xml>
  <name value="dan">
  <name value="dan">
</xml>

Is there a way to stop the duplicaes during the
transform.

Do you mean duplicates in the original input, or
in the output, maybe generated from things like

  <file-acl name="C:\boot.ini">...</file-acl>
  <file-acl name="D:\boot.ini">...</file-acl>

I think that would require post-processing, which you could
do by storing everything in a global variable and then use
exsl:node-set to filter out duplicates.

Duplicates in the original input you could probably filter out
with Muenchian Grouping.

Anton Triest

I ran your transform and low and behold
boot.ini came to my results like above. Once again
thanks for the help.

Dan Sherman