xsl-list

Re: xsl grabbing specific data

2004-09-08 16:31:09
Hello Anton,

Here is a sample of 1 of the keys in the input xml.
There are about 100 of these per xml file, data and
keys may vary. So say I wanted to grab
C:\WINDOWS\system32\compmgmt.msc and match that then
get specific data inside it. I am currently writing an
app to parse the xml and put it into an Access
database. So if I have 50 files right now, I transform
these 3 meg xml files some every attribute is an
element and then I have xpath queries using MSXML Dom
to put to csv then take csv to access into spefific
tables. I know there is probably a better way to do
this, so the problem that has brought me to this group
was if I want to grab all the keys of harddrives that
is no problem, but the registry key elements are too
many and I do not need them all in the database. Any
thoughts or pointers in the right direction is
definately appreaciated. I have read the wc3 rules and
some books and websites, but the tutorials they offer
do not get this complex.

Thanks again.
Dan Sherman

            <file-acl
name="C:\WINDOWS\system32\compmgmt.msc">
                <ace trustee="XPTEST\Users"
is-grant="true"
                     read="true"
                     execute="true"