xsl-list

AW: xhtml output formating problems / passing through pre defined static xhtml

2004-09-09 05:08:40
Yes the markup ist lost.

I posted links to my stylesheet and the output file in mail.

Stylesheet : http://www.zeitdesigner.de/xslt/test.xslt
Output xhtml: http://www.zeitdesigner.de/xslt/test.htm

An example page of what iwould like the xhtml to look like is here:
http://www.zeitdesigner.de/xslt/hamburg.htm

I am aware of issues with IE but the problem ist that the application i'm
developing works with an activeX objekt that can only be used with IE. The
static xhtml code I wrote is displayed fine within IE.

As soon as I try to insert the dynamic data into it with xslt It displays
VERY bugy...

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Joe Fawcett [mailto:joefawcett(_at_)hotmail(_dot_)com]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 9. September 2004 13:55
An: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Betreff: RE: [xsl] xhtml output formating problems / passing through pre
defined static xhtml

From: Dominic Krüger <dominic(_at_)zeitdesigner(_dot_)de>
To: <xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com>
defined static xhtml
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2004 13:51:58 +0200

Hi,

my name is Dominic and I'm new to this mailing list and to XSLT.

I'm using:

java version "1.4.2_05"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.

With Tomcat/5.0.27

And cocoon 2.1

Running on WinXP SP2

I am trying to write a xhtml file that consist of some static areas (pre
formated xhtml)and some dynamic areas I want to fill with content from an
xml file.

Filling in the content works fine.

My problem is that cocoon will not keep the formated xhtml that I copied
into the stylesheet.

The xhtml file to be generated is very complex and the IE 6 seems to have
major problems with displaying it correctly.

Are you sure that markup is lost, in which case we'd probably need to see
the actual data and transform, or is it that IE is not rendering it
correctly? If the latter then the reason could well be that IE does not
support XHTML and never has. It can cope with simple stuff in a similar
fashion to the way it can handle mis-formed HTML but that's about it.

--

Joe