xsl-list

RE: Performance degraded with grouping and sorting.

2004-10-28 07:59:28
It's always worth trying it on a different processor. Sometimes there can be
considerable differences, and sometimes a particular construct will perform
badly on one processor and well on another. Sometimes Saxon runs ten times
faster than Xalan - but by no means always.

Also try running your stylesheet with different volumes of data and seeing
how the performance scales. You need to look out for anything that's causing
quadratic performance (double the size, four times the time) - often caused
by constructs such as //x within a loop, or preceding::x.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/

-----Original Message-----
From: Bhupendra Singh [mailto:skbhupendra(_at_)yahoo(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk]
Sent: 28 October 2004 15:08
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com;
kjones(_at_)sarvega(_dot_)com
Subject: Re: [xsl] Performance degraded with grouping and sorting.

Kev,
Thanks for your reply..If you dont mind can you or
somebody please point to something, where I should be
looking around to increase the performance.
Do you have any ideas how to change the XSLT processor
properties or move to a better performing processor. I
am using Xalan processor currently and you are right I
have a good configuration PC with 1 GB RAM.

regards,
Bhupi.

 --- Kevin Jones <kjones(_at_)sarvega(_dot_)com> wrote:
On Wednesday 27 October 2004 16:04, Bhupendra Singh