xsl-list

Re: Performance degraded with grouping and sorting.

2004-10-28 07:48:10
Well, I'm not Kevin, but...

I'd try Saxon. I was using Xalan because it was included with the FOP
distribution, but I changed to Saxon because I wanted a feature of XSL
2.0. I noticed at the time that I got a substantial speed boost as well. I
can't time the two processors to tell you the difference, as my
stylesheets now include XSL 2.0 features that Xalan does not support.

Your mileage may vary, but I suggest that you give Saxon a try.

Jay Bryant
Bryant Communication Services

Bhupendra Singh <skbhupendra(_at_)yahoo(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk>
10/28/2004 09:07 AM
Please respond to
xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com

xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com, kjones(_at_)sarvega(_dot_)com
cc

Subject
Re: [xsl] Performance degraded with grouping and sorting.

Kev,
Thanks for your reply..If you dont mind can you or
somebody please point to something, where I should be
looking around to increase the performance.
Do you have any ideas how to change the XSLT processor
properties or move to a better performing processor. I
am using Xalan processor currently and you are right I
have a good configuration PC with 1 GB RAM.

regards,
Bhupi.

 --- Kevin Jones <kjones(_at_)sarvega(_dot_)com> wrote:
On Wednesday 27 October 2004 16:04, Bhupendra Singh