xsl-list

Re: xsl:sort with msxml english language, danish characters, weird results

2004-10-25 10:47:44
Michael Kay wrote:

Michael Kay wrote:

The UCA is written as if there is a single correct
answer, but there isn't.

The UCA doesn't define a particular collation sequence for any languages, rather it defines the requirements for how collation mechanisms should allow you to define the collation rules for a given language and script.

Yes, I should have made that clear. But it doesn't handle things like
collating ISO-646 before ISO-10646, which is what you will often find phone
books and back-of-book indexes doing.

I'm not sure I'm following here--at least using Java RuleBasedCollator you should be able to achieve any collation sequence whatsoever.

But I'm not sure what you mean by sorting 646 before 10646.

Cheers,

E.
--
W. Eliot Kimber