xsl-list

RE: xsl:sort with msxml english language, danish characters, weird results

Bryan Rasmussen

Quoting Bryan Rasmussen <bry(_at_)itnisk(_dot_)com>:
(what's the rdf for x said that x said that?)

I did a big long digression on the subject wondering about how something is
defined as accented, but in the end it really just was me wondering what are
the
rules and if indeed there are any other than, we think that looks sort of
like
something we're familiar with.

It should be noted that these same things that are defined as accented in
English seem to be defined as accented in Danish as well, given that, as I noted
before, archaically aa was used for å; also ae was used for æ, and oe was used
for ø. the sort of that seems fraught with difficulties however.