xsl-list

RE: XHTML->XHTML w/ XSLT, modifying only specific element(s)

2004-10-24 14:57:31
Your source data is probably in a namespace, your blockquote template rule
is trying to match data in no namespace.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/

-----Original Message-----
From: Evan Nemerson [mailto:assorted(_at_)coeus-group(_dot_)com]
Sent: 24 October 2004 20:38
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: [xsl] XHTML->XHTML w/ XSLT, modifying only specific
element(s)

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to use XSLT to transform XHTML to XHTML, modifying
only specific
elements in the process--specifically, I want to append a link within
blockquote elements which uses the cite and title attributes of the
blockquote tags. Here's what I have right now:

<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
  <xsl:template match="node()|@*">
    <xsl:copy>
    </xsl:copy>
  </xsl:template>

  <xsl:template match="blockquote[(_at_)cite and @title]">
      <xsl:copy-of select="."/>
      <a class="serendipity_blockquoteReferenceLink">
        <xsl:attribute-set name="href"><xsl:value-of
select="@cite"/></xsl:attribute-set>
        <xsl:value-of select="@title"/>
      </a>
  </xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

I've tried to do something a bit simpler, like just using a
blank template for
the blockquote, omitting the @cite and @title requirements,
etc, to no avail.
Nothing I put in that second xsl:template element seems to
have any effect.

Sorry to post such a simple question, but I'm completely
stumped. Thanks for
your time.

--
Evan Nemerson