xsl-list

XHTML->XHTML w/ XSLT, modifying only specific element(s)

2004-10-24 12:38:29
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to use XSLT to transform XHTML to XHTML, modifying only specific
elements in the process--specifically, I want to append a link within
blockquote elements which uses the cite and title attributes of the
blockquote tags. Here's what I have right now:

<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
  <xsl:template match="node()|@*">
    <xsl:copy>
    </xsl:copy>
  </xsl:template>

  <xsl:template match="blockquote[(_at_)cite and @title]">
      <xsl:copy-of select="."/>
      <a class="serendipity_blockquoteReferenceLink">
        <xsl:attribute-set name="href"><xsl:value-of
select="@cite"/></xsl:attribute-set>
        <xsl:value-of select="@title"/>
      </a>
  </xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

I've tried to do something a bit simpler, like just using a blank template for
the blockquote, omitting the @cite and @title requirements, etc, to no avail.
Nothing I put in that second xsl:template element seems to have any effect.

Sorry to post such a simple question, but I'm completely stumped. Thanks for
your time.

--
Evan Nemerson
evan(_at_)coeus-group(_dot_)com