xsl-list

firefox xslt processing instruction

Bryan Rasmussen

so I'm working on a cross-browser stylesheet, it works at home, on both firefox
and IE, I have the newest browsers installed at home, I have the newest
installed at work.

at work I get this error from Firefox:
Error loading stylesheet: An XSLT stylesheet does not have an XML mimetype:

now my stylesheet reference is <?xml-stylesheet href="default.xsl"
type="text/xsl"?>

because of course we know that the text/xsl is the only thing browsers seem to
understand. but it's a problem here. I thought that it might be a reference to
my registry settings for xsl which said text/xml

so I changed my registry settings: [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.xsl]
@="xslfile"
"Content Type"="application/xslt+xml"
also tried several other variations, for example
xml+xslt, text/xsl and so forth, no change in the error message.

thinking that it might be my stylesheet which is very complicated etc. I decided
to remove everything complicated and make just about the simplest stylesheet
imaginable, as follows:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"

<xsl:template match="/">

          <head>
          </head>
hi
</xsl:template>

</xsl:stylesheet>

same error. I have also tried changing encoding in various ways.

please help because I'm really at the sarcasm point in the cycle right about
now, either that or strangling innocent coworkers.