xsl-list

Re: Problem using Position() in .NET environment.

2004-10-13 07:43:32

By "not work" I assume you mean that template doesn't match
not that an error is generated.

Your XSLT looks Ok (although more verbose than needed: // at the
beginning of a match pattern never does anything useful, and you could
write [position()=1] as [1]).

So if you are sure that your input document _should_ match that, and
it does with another XSLT processor,

If anyone knows the solution, do let me know.

the "correct" solution would be to report a bug to the processors
developers and hope they fix it. More pragmatic solutions would be to
see if equivalent expressions happen to work, eg changing [position()=1]
to [1] but it would be hard to have confidence in a system that required
such things.

David

http://www.star.net.uk