xsl-list

RE: links don't work when IE transforms XSL document

2004-10-07 07:52:23
From: Anton Triest [mailto:anton(_at_)cking(_dot_)be]

Tom:
 > I tried a lot of combinations of extensions, and when both the
stylesheet
 > and the test file had a ".xml" extension, it worked as desired.
 > This is the only combination that did.

Pieter:
 > Just adding a comment - I just tried to load the files as .xml
 > pointing to a local .xsl, and there it just works fine.

Here, I have the same result as Pieter: xml input + xsl stylesheet
works
fine.
Only the input file type seems to have influence.

I was under the impression that you wanted to have the stylesheet
transform itself, that's why I changed its extension from .xsl to .xml.
It still works as a stylesheet, so there is no problem with using a .xml
extension for stylesheets.

The workarounds Tom suggested are all valid, but for xdoc they don't
help;
if only I could change something in the registry (?) to make IE treat
.xsl files
like .xml but I don't think that's possible

Won't help anyway, unless you are the only one who is going to use the
things.  You can't control the contents of other people's registries.

But it seems that your problem is solved.  Serve the document using a
web server, and just to make sure (and to let them work from the file
system), use .xml extensions everywhere.

Cheers,

Tom P