xsl-list

Re: Re: [xslt transform & grouping] Using the Muenchian Method?

2004-10-07 07:08:57
I have choosen to work with parameters, like:

<!-- put the filter string in a global parameter -->
   <xsl:param name="info" select="'food'"/>

How can I implement filtering for two keywords, that is display all that have either "food" or "drink".

/Mike

From: David Carlisle <davidc(_at_)nag(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk>
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: Re: [xsl] Re: [xslt transform & grouping] Using the Muenchian Method?
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2004 15:02:03 +0100

> Get Each Article Element ="food" AND "drink"

the xpath for and is and not AND, although here you want or (an
attribute doesn't have both values, it has one or the other)

@filter='food' or @filter='drink'

really you know xpath is very compositional you can use pretty much any
expression anywhere, so if you know how to do grouping (which you do)
and you know how to gnerate xpath booleans, you should find it easy
enough to group on any predicate. there isn't any black art involved,
you just stuff the new predicate where you previously had a different
one.

> Is it possible to
> build some kind of filter array?

Xpath doesn't have arrays it has node sets, also = does implicit
existential quantification over node sets so if
$filters was equal to the node set
<anything>
<a>food</a>
<a>drink</a>
<a>zzz</a>
</anything>

then a predicate of
[(_at_)filter=$filters/anything/a]
would be true if the filter attribute was any of food drink or zzz

David