xsl-list

RE: Can't match node without node()[name(.) syntax

2004-11-30 07:54:23
Thanks Michael and David,

Indeed my problem was namespace-related. I clean my xml files with Tidy
before, which adds an XHTML namespace default definition. After I told
Tidy to stop that, my problems faded away. ;-)

Thanks for your great hints.

Robert

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Kay [mailto:mike(_at_)saxonica(_dot_)com]
Sent: Dienstag, 30. November 2004 15:48
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: RE: [xsl] Can't match node without node()[name(.) syntax

I asked for a complete example, you've only given us a fragment. You've
probably left out the part of your stylesheet or source document that
contains the problem. It's remarkable how often people remove the
"irrelevant detail" that's actually the bug.

For example, you might have another template rule that matches
my-relation elements, and that has higher priority than
match="my-relation" but lower priority than match="node()[name(.) =
'my-relation']".

But that's only a guess.

Sometimes these problems are namespace-related: your source document
would give clues to that. You haven't shown us that either. But in this
case I can't think of any namespace issues that would cause this effect.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/