xsl-list

Re: Preseving character entities

2004-11-29 03:27:14

  Moreover, the approach with character-maps to get named character references
will result in the need
  for a DOCTYPE in your files. I would prefer UTF-8 or 'us-ascii' coded files.
Doctype handling in
  Cocoon is a bit awkward..

perhaps yes,
I just suggested that as that  is actually what the subject line of the
thread asked for: using  "entities" requires a doctype. The file
encoding (ascii, utf8, whatever, .. is of course unrelated to the
question of whether you use entity references or chartacter references.

David