xsl-list

Switching off running header values

2004-11-23 06:04:43
I think this is beyond the capacity of simple XSL:FO, but is it possible by other methods? I have a series of files with one or more nested sections. Each section and subsection to whatever level of nesting has a heading that I wish to concatenate into a running header. The main section head is fine as this is always present, but depending on the complexity of the document each section can have several or no nested subsections. Retrieving each marker and concatenating them is fine, but if you have no 3rd level sub-section then the value retrieved for the previous 3rd level persists in the subsequent sections until a new value is retrieved to supplant it, which means the running header continues to give parts of the heading from previous sections. Given that this is all tied in with the FO stage of processing is there a way of feeding the correct value into this using XSL or is it just beyond FO's marker capabilities and nothing more can be done to circumvent this?
Thank you

--
# Richard Higgins
# Durham University Library