xsl-list

Re: Checkboxes in XSLT

2004-11-21 15:36:05
I want the checkboxes to be an array so I include []
into the name. Is there other solutions that I can use
to form an array?

--- "J.Pietschmann" <j3322ptm(_at_)yahoo(_dot_)de> wrote:

Jen Jiang wrote:
I have checkboxes in my xslt file like this:

<xsl:element name="input">
<xsl:attribute
name="type">checkbox</xsl:attribute>
<xsl:attribute name="name">
<xsl:value-of
select="$questionid"/>[1]</xsl:attribute>
<xsl:attribute name="value">1</xsl:attribute>
<xsl:value-of select="QUERESPONE"/>
</xsl:element>
There are 5 more. The values of the checked boxes
got
passed but for unchecked boxes I got "undefined
offset" when trying to get the values in PHP.

Is my code wrong?

Well, at a first glance it is unnecessary verbose.
It could
be written in a more compact form:
  <input tyep="checkbox" name="{$questionid}[1]"
    value="1">QUERESPONE</input>

Assuming the variable $questionid holds the value
"foo" this
would evaluate to
  <input tyep="checkbox" name="foo[1]"
value="1">QUERESPONE</input>
which is unusual and probably illegal HTML (an input
element should
be empty). At least, the widget name should not
contain brackets,
which I suspect causes your problems with PHP later.

Solution: think *hard* how the HTML should look
like, *then* write
a style sheet which produces the HTML (check
carefully whether it
does), and only after this step go on with further
processing of
the form values.

J.Pietschmann

--~--