xsl-list

Re: xsl and toc.hhc (was xml -> htmlhelp and character 8220)

2004-11-12 07:23:48

  If I set htmlhelp.encoding to windows-1250 there's no complaint
  about the left quotes, but u-grave (249) is rejected.  If I try
  setting the encoding to windows-1252, saxon says

If you specify an encoding that hasn't got the character then the text
method has to die. I don't know enough about htmlhelp (read don't know
anything) to know if the toc file is sufficiently much like html that
the &# numeric character ref can be used. if it can, the stylesheets
should use the html output method for this, in which case, any charaters
not in teh encoding will be written out using a character ref.

  Failed to load windows-1252

I believe saxon just defers to your underlying JVM as to which encodings
it supports. If your JVM has the good taste to not support this non
standard variant of latin 1 then I'm not sure you should complain...

David