xsl-list

RE: Preserving space between elements

2004-11-05 02:00:42
You've clearly not been listening to the list for the last week, where this
non-standard behaviour of Microsoft's XSLT processor has come under a lot of
discussion. It seems that when you invoke the transformation from an
xml-stylesheet processing instruction there is no way to get it to handle
whitespace in the way you would expect from reading the spec.

Michael Kay

-----Original Message-----
From: Steven Reddie [mailto:smr(_at_)essemer(_dot_)com(_dot_)au]
Sent: 05 November 2004 05:06
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: [xsl] Preserving space between elements

Hi All,

I'm using an xsl stylesheet to transform xml into html
(actually, I've got
an xml file which references the xsl file, and IE does the
transform for
display).

I wish to transform:
into:
so that there is a space between everything.  However, I end
up with no
spaces between the two literals.  I'm not too surprised about
that, but I
haven't been able to find a way to preserve it, short of
putting an &nbsp;
in the xml source.  xsl:preserve-space hasn't worked for me.

Is this possible, and if so can anyone offer some pointers.

Thanks,

Steven