xsl-list

RE: Preserving space between elements

2004-11-05 01:52:05

    MSXML strips whitespace text nodes by default, so make sure
    this is not what happens in your case. If you use the
    xml-stylesheet PI (as opposed to calling the transformation
    from ECMAScript), you have to switch over to using
    ECMAScript to call the transformation so that you can set
    the parser to not stript the whitespace. I think the FAQ
    also has an entry about this.

I don't think I do Jarno.
    Since this is causing some much traffic, I'd appreciate
one though.
    An html page with ecmascript that acts in the same way as
the xslt pi,
    but sets the whitespace handling? Is that the idea.

I would imagine MSXML documentation has an example JavaScript or VBScript
implementation, and you see example on this list too from time to time. Then
again, you could just point to a Sarissa
<https://sourceforge.net/projects/sarissa>.

Cheers,

Jarno