xsl-list

Re: end-of-sentence full stop in XSL:FO?

2004-12-28 08:08:15
Hallöchen!

"W. Eliot Kimber" <ekimber(_at_)innodata-isogen(_dot_)com> writes:

Torsten Bronger wrote:

I'm looking for a way to distinguish between abbreviation dots
and those that end a sentence in XML.  Apparently Unicode doesn't
offer a clean solution to this (does it?), so I wondered whether
the XSL:FO standard has something for this problem?  If so, it is
well hidden I'm afraid ...

Can you explain why you need to make this distinction? [...]

After a sentence, a bigger skip should be inserted (in certain
languages).  This distinction in made by TeX, and I write an XML to
LaTeX converter.  I need a way to preserve the end-of-sentence
information in the XML markup.  There are a couple of ways of
course, all of which more or less inelegant.

I just want to know whether there is already a way to express that,
so that I avoid re-inventing it.

Tschö,
Torsten.