xsl-list

Re: How to do an 'existence' test in XSL?

2004-12-22 14:01:01
In case you know all possible types in advance, a simple (but not
too-efficient) way of picking up all "existing" gui types is the
following:

<xsl:stylesheet version="2.0"

 <xsl:output method="text"/>

 <xsl:param name="pAllStyles" as="xs:string+"
 select="'alertBox', 'combo', 'help', 'tooltip'"/>

 <xsl:variable name="vDoc" select="/"/>

  <xsl:template match="/">
    <xsl:value-of separator="&#xA;" select=
    "$pAllStyles[. = $vDoc/styles/gui/@type ]" />
  </xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

When this transformation is applied on your source xml (provided with
a single element parent):

<styles>
  <gui type="alertBox"/>
  <gui type="tooltip"/>
  <gui type="help"/>
  <gui type="tooltip"/>
  <gui type="alertBox"/>
  <gui type="tooltip"/>
  <gui type="help"/>
</styles>

the wanted result is produced:

alertBox
help
tooltip

Cheers,
Dimitre.

On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 14:33:06 +0000, ben(_at_)autonomic(_dot_)net