xsl-list

RE: Microsoft .net and XSLT 2

2004-12-21 11:42:19
Hi Jim,

Yes, MS is not planning XSLT 2.0, at least not for now - they think that
supporting Xquery 1.0 will do all the users need. They more or less seem to
think from the database point of view while the document side of things
would very well be benefitted by XSLT 2.0.

But there are options for you to choose from. :-)

1. use Saxon or any other xslt2 processor that runs on windows (or maybe
even linux or mac when thinking of Mono 1.0) and call a process that does
the transformation for you. Under windows that would be a batch process
using C# for example which runs the XSLT in the Java environment and returns
you the results or it saves it to disk or whatever you need to.

2. use our Saxon.NET build (see http://sourceforge.net/projects/saxondotnet/
and http://www.x2x2x.org/x2x2x/home/) where you'll find a .NET dll and a
couple of example applications (Windows and Web Forms).

Both are works in progress, but they are vialble. Support can be found at
http://sourceforge.net/forum/?group_id=112449

We'll be adding a new build soon to update to the latest Saxon-B build by
Michael Kay, version 8.2 (http://www.saxonica.com/).

Cheers,
<prs/>