xsl-list

RE: Omitting default namespace in the output - XSLT 2.0

2004-12-20 07:20:18

From: Huditsch Roman [mailto:Roman(_dot_)Huditsch(_at_)lexisnexis(_dot_)at]
Sent: 20 December 2004 13:52
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: [xsl] Omitting default namespace in the output - XSLT 2.0

Hi,

Given an example input like:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<norm xmlns="myDefaultNamespace">
              <row>
                      <cell>My Table</cell>
              </row>
</norm>

I searched for an easy way to get output data,
which is not associated to my default namespace any more,
with the help of <xsl:copy-of> in XSLT 2.0
I hoped that the attribute "copy-namespaces" set to "no" would help me
here,
but unfortunately I had no luck with Saxon 8.1.1

My output still looks like

      <row xmlns="myDefaultNamespace">
              <cell>My Table</cell>
      </row>

XSLT:
=====

      <xsl:template match="ln:table">
                      <xsl:copy-of select="node() | @*"
copy-namespaces="no"/>
      </xsl:template>

Thanks in advance for your input!

wbr,
Roman
_______________________________________

Roman Huditsch
IT and Electronic Publishing
LexisNexis ARD Orac
Marxergasse 25
1030 Vienna
Austria
ph: +43-1-534 52-1514
f: +43-1-534 52-140
e-mail roman(_dot_)huditsch(_at_)lexisnexis(_dot_)at
www.lexisnexis.at

--~--