xsl-list

Re: use-when attribute?

2004-12-17 05:02:58

On Dec 17, 2004, at 3:50 AM, Michael Kay wrote:

However, I'm not sure whether this is the right design for your problem. I
would be inclined to stick with the traditional approach: the
special-purpose stylesheet module (here, the XHTML output module) should import the general-purpose module, not the other way around; and you then decide which special-purpose module to use by using that as your entry point
to the transformation.

OK, so if I had in mind that input drivers are as simple as this file, called input-docbookng.xsl:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
  xmlns:db="http://docbook.org/docbook-ng"; version="2.0">
  <xsl:variable name="citerefs" select="//db:biblioref/@linkend"/>
</xsl:stylesheet>

.... then you're suggesting I have a main file -- maybe called citeproc-docbookng ..xsl -- that imports the other stuff? Or would that then mean a bunch of different files: one for each input/output combination?

Bruce