xsl-list

RE: problem using dyn:evaluate with MSXML

2004-12-16 08:34:24
I define a variable $y containing an Xpath expression laike this :

      <xsl:variable name="y" select"'@my_attribute'">

Calling
       <xsl:value-of select="dyn:evaluate(., $y)"/>
works fine and give me the attribute value.

The problem I have is that when I define $y like this :

      <xsl:variable name="y">@num</xsl:variable>

(Which is to me exactly the same definition as before)
then I get a error !
The HTML page cannot be loaded.

The two expressions are not at all the same. In one, the variable is a
string, in the other it is a result tree fragment. XPath automatically
converts a result tree fragment to a string when required (probably at
considerable cost), but Javascript does not.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/