xsl-list

RE: how to understand a complex stylesheet

2004-12-15 09:08:59
Hi again Michael, did you also look at the XSL Documentation tool from Agnes
kielen?

http://www.kielen.com/

Cheers,
<prs/>

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Norman [mailto:michael(_dot_)norman(_at_)gmx(_dot_)net]
Sent: Tuesday, December 14, 2004 1:03 PM
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: Re: [xsl] how to understand a complex stylesheet

Hey Pieter.

Hi Michael,

If you have Visual Studio then you could try the Visual XSLT plug-in:
http://www.activestate.com/Products/Visual_XSLT/
I haven't worked with it, so I can't tell if you can load and
visualize existing stylesheets, but you can create them.

Thanks for pointing me to this page. I have tried some XSLT mappers
allready, they are interesting to work with. What is funny, one can't load
an existing stylesheet, provide two schemas and let the tool create all the
visual references.
This seems to be rather hard to program. So Mapping tools are, right now,
only for creating XSL, not for visualizing existing one. But maybe this will
change someday.
How usable they are, I can't tell you either. Has anyone made some
experiences with these mappers?

bye,

Henning