xsl-list

Re: how to understand a complex stylesheet

2004-12-14 12:42:22
Hello Robert and Colin.

    Robert> You could use (something like) OxygenXML's XSL debugger
    Robert> (http://oxygenxml.com) to step through a
    Robert> transformation. That would give you the info you need, I
    Robert> think??

Or examine trace output from a transformation.

Yes, debugging is definetly one way to understand a
stylesheet, I think sometimes the best way to totally
comprehend how some transformation works. But this is some
timeconsuming method, and after a couple of minutes one
forgets which template came when etc :) So I think debugging
and trace output are great to get in-depth knowledge about
the stylesheet, but not for getting a first impression or
overlook about the XSL.
Thanks for your help.

bye

Henning