xsl-list

RE: Defining a key on a RTF inside a Template

2004-12-08 03:15:20
The value of the match attribute must be a valid pattern

match="exslt:node-set($projectSum)/projectsum"

should simply be

match="projectsum"

The xsl:key declaration doesn't define which document the key is referring
to; that's decided at the time you use the key() function.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/

-----Original Message-----
From: Ranjan K. Baisak [mailto:ranjanbaisak(_at_)yahoo(_dot_)com]
Sent: 08 December 2004 09:05
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: RE: [xsl] Defining a key on a RTF inside a Template

I am quite agree with Michael because my key depends
upon an RTF. So I can take that RTF is the context
node for declaring key.

In either case, I am getting error during processing.
In XALAN : "Incorrect place of defining key"
In SAXON 8.1.1: XPath syntax error at char 0 in
{exslt:node-set($}:;     The only functions allowed in
a pattern are id() and key()

I too tried to declare the key at the top of my
stylesheet but it still throw error.

regards,
Ranjan

--- Michael Kay <mike(_at_)saxonica(_dot_)com> wrote:

According to XSLT 1.0 specificatoion (
http://www.w3.org/TR/1999/REC-xslt-19991116 ),
xsl:key is a
top-level element. Therefore you cannot place it
outside a
xsl:stylesheet/xsl:transform .
The easiest solution: do not use keys.

No, it's perfectly OK to use keys to search within
an RTF.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/

--- "Ranjan K. Baisak" <ranjanbaisak(_at_)yahoo(_dot_)com>
wrote:

I am creating  a key inside a template with RTF
as
below:
<xsl:variable name="projectSum">
        <xsl:for-each select="//project">
                <xsl:variable name="projectname"
select="./@name"/>
                <xsl:variable name="projectid" select="@id"/>
                <xsl:variable name="projectref"
select="projectelement/@ref"/>
                <xsl:copy>
                        <xsl:copy-of select="./@name"/>
                        <xsl:copy-of select="./@id"/>
                        <projectsum>
                                <xsl:copy-of

select="count(key('ProjectPartNumber',$projectref))"/>
                        </projectsum>
                </xsl:copy>
        </xsl:for-each>
</xsl:variable>

<xsl:key name="countDetail"
match="exslt:node-set($projectSum)/projectsum"
use="./@id"/>

In XALAN it throws error with message "Incorrect
place
of defining Key".
I am not sure whether it is possible to create a
key
with RTF within a template?
If not possible, is there any otherway to achive
the
same functionality?

regards,
Ranjan

Yahoo! Mail - now with 250MB free storage. Learn
more.
http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250

--~--

=====
Marian
http://www.utdallas.edu/~mgo031000/

Yahoo! Mail - Find what you need with new enhanced
search.