xsl-list

Re: Defining a key on a RTF inside a Template

2004-12-08 06:00:54
Thanks David, Mike and Mukul. I could able to solve
it.
Thanks a lot.
-Ranjan
--- David Carlisle <davidc(_at_)nag(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk> wrote:

  But Michael , I want to select a node in RTF which
  contains a context node. In this case context node
  comes from the document itself.
  This is what I want

No. An RTF never contains nodes from the source
document.
In XSLt nodes can only be in one document there is
no node sharing.
When you built teh RTF you generated new nodes,
eitherusing literal
result elements or copying nodes from the original
source, but in
either case they are _new_ nodes, never nodes in teh
original tree,
When you use xx:node-set on that result tree
fragment you get another
document, eactly the same as if you had used
document() on some existing
xml document.

David

This e-mail has been scanned for all viruses by
Star. The
service is powered by MessageLabs. For more
information on a proactive
anti-virus service working around the clock, around
the globe, visit:
http://www.star.net.uk

--~--