xsl-list

Re: apply 2 diff xsl on the same xml OR passing parameter to xsl

2004-12-07 03:29:50
  I've an html 'index' file which is used to organized these xml-report-files
  as links.

  the only tools I can used is the web-browser, XML, and XSL. I'm not allowed
  to write any other program.

if you have one xml file and want to display it two ways then it would
be nice if you could go in yur index file

and have the xslt stylesheet see style as a parameter and do something
different, unfortuately the <?xml-stylesheet parameter as implemented in
IE and mozilla doesn't let you do that.

The simplest thing you can do is just make two copies of two copies of
the file and have

<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="one.xsl"?>
on one
and
<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="two.xsl"?>
on the other.

If that isn't acceptable, there are more complicated things you can do
but...

David