xsl-list

Re: Add attributes Processed File

2004-12-07 04:53:33
Hi,
Thanks for your help.
What I'm trying to do is to group all elements "a" with attribute flag="true"
at the same level at the xml tree that has only one elemnt "b" with attribute
flag="true" among them.
In the example below I marked the group I'm trying to group.

<root>
 <a flag="false">
  <b flag="false"/>
 </a>
 <c>
  <b flag="false"/>
   <a flag="true"/> <--------------
   <b flag="true"/> <--------------
   <a flag="true"/> <--------------
   <a flag="true"/> <--------------
   <a flag="true"/> <--------------
  </b>
 </c>
</root>

the output, should be:

<root>
 <a flag="false">
  <b flag="false"/>
 </a>
 <c>
  <b flag="false"/>
    <group> <-------------- begin new element
      <a flag="true"/> <---------- selected group
      <b flag="true"/> <---------- selected group
      <a flag="true"/> <---------- selected group
      <a flag="true"/> <---------- selected group
      <a flag="true"/> <---------- selected group
    </group> <-------------- end new element
  </b>
 </c>
</root>

Thanks a lot,
Roger.

The only solution that i think is to mark te already processed elements "a".

that clearly isn't a solution as XSLT can not write to teh input, and
all templaes are side effect free.

Unfortunately I can't follow your problem description well enough to
suggest any code.

So I must group all groups of elements "a" that has one element "b" among
them.

what do you mean by "group" here, and in particular what do you mean by
group of groups.

As your input and output had lots of I couldn't tell which
elements in the input was being mapped to which element in the output.

I must group all elements "a" with attribute flag="true" follwed by a
element "b" with attribute flag="true"

to select all such a elements you would use

select=".//a[(_at_)flag='true'][following-sibling::b[(_at_)flag='true]]"

but I can't relate that to your sample output. (The above would just
select one element in your sample input:

David

or e-mail:
--~--