xsl-list

Re: xsl:sort with document()

2004-12-02 16:08:37
Hi Jan,

Haven't worked through your code completely, but at least the following caught
my eye:

>                                    <xsl:apply-templates
select="site:children/site:document">
>                                            <xsl:sort
select="navi:order"/><!--does not work-->
>                                    </xsl:apply-templates>

This suggests that navi:order is a subelement of site:document, which I believe
is not the case...

Changing the sort to:

        <xsl:sort select="document(site:xml-file)/*/navi:order"/>

is more likely to work...

But I think you'd better try to get the document function call into the select statement of the apply-templates or a for-each if necessary. I have a hunch that it is a performance killer this way.

But then again, only one way to found out...

G.