xsl-list

RE: XSL Newbie: How2 write transforms for variable XML

2005-01-28 10:00:51
At 04:16 AM 1/28/2005, it was written:
   allows rendering a input xml document to be rendered in
    multiple output media like print, browser, eBook etc.,

My apologies here. What I meant by eBook was formatting an XML document
into an eBook suitable for rendering on a palmtop or a eBookReader. Again,
this may not exist as of now but should be possible using XSL-FO.

If your eBook uses the Open eBook format, which is XML-based (it's HTMLish with provisions for uniform metadata and so forth), it might be considerably easier to go straight into it via XSLT than to use XSL-FO for this.

An XSL-FO browser could make a nice platform for reading e-text, but that's not where the eBook specifications seem to have gone --

http://www.openebook.org/oebps/oebps1.2/download/oeb12-xhtml.htm

(Of course that document is dated 2002: I don't know what's been happening more recently in this area or where vendors are going.)

Regards,
Wendell

Wendell Piez