xsl-list

RE: problem with simple XPath expression

2005-01-20 01:56:40
I think the problem must be in the parts you haven't shown us. Perhaps

(a) the context node isn't the parent of the <org_list> element, or

(b) there is a default namespace declared in the XML, or

(c) the <xsl:if> instruction isn't being evaluated at all.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/

-----Original Message-----
From: Kevin Rodgers [mailto:kevin(_dot_)rodgers(_at_)ihs(_dot_)com]
Sent: 20 January 2005 01:03
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: [xsl] problem with simple XPath expression

I'm calling a template that matches an XML element that in turn
contains:

<org_list>
<org_code type="APPR">ANSI</org_code>
</org_list>

But this XSLT instruction isn't generating the desired asterisk in my
output:

<xsl:if test="org_list/org_code[(_at_)type='APPR' and text()='ANSI']">
  <xsl:text>*</xsl:text>
</xsl:if>

Could this be an incompatibility between XSLT/Xpath 1.0 and
2.0?  I seem
to remember it working with Xalan 2.6, but it's definitely not working
with Saxon 8.2.  What am I missing here?

Thanks,
--
Kevin Rodgers

--~--