xsl-list

RE: Can someone help me understand why this isn't working?

2005-01-20 01:51:28

I have a basic example I am trying to get working to convert
;&lt;P&gt; to <P>.

As I tried to explain before, XSLT is about converting trees into trees.

You're starting with three characters, a less-than sign, a P, and a
greater-than sign, and you're trying to produce - what exactly? Half an
element node. It can't be done: producing an element node is an atomic
operation, you can't produce the <P> without also producing the </P> at the
same time.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/