xsl-list

RE: using an attribute's value as input for value-of?

2005-02-22 08:20:25

Look for extension functions such as saxon:evaluate() or
saxon:evaluate-node().

The details depend on your chosen XSLT processor. This can't be done in
standard XSLT.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/

-----Original Message-----
From: Jakob Fix [mailto:jakob(_dot_)fix(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com]
Sent: 22 February 2005 15:08
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: [xsl] using an attribute's value as input for value-of?

I would like to use the value of an attribute which contains an
Expression as the input for an value-of.  Like this:

input xml
<elt attr=".//elta|.//eltb"/>

xsl stylesheet
<xsl:value-of select="@attr"/>

In this case, I know, the actual output will be ".//elta|.//eltb".
How must I proceed to get the expression evaluated, and the resulting
value be output instead?

cheers,
--
Jakob.