xsl-list

RE: Result still indented despite indent="no"

2005-02-21 03:59:18
Thank you Mr. Kay for another useful information. Now
we all agree(including myself!), that by default XSLT
1.0 processor should preserve whitespace-only text
nodes..

But MSXSL strips whitespace only text nodes in absence
of strip-space and preserve-space instructions.. As
Mr. Ken Holman originally pointed, this is a
non-conformance.. I also now feel so!

Dimitre said,  there is a "preserveWhiteSpace"
property of IXMLDOMDocument.. But this I feel, is at
an API level..., which I feel does not ensure
conformance on this issue!

Regards,
Mukul

--- Michael Kay <mike(_at_)saxonica(_dot_)com> wrote:

This is a very reasonable implementation.
Whitespace-only text nodes are not of much use to
application!

You must have missed Ken Holman's note which points
out that in mixed
content (that is, in "document-oriented" XML) they
are vital!

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/