xsl-list

Re: Result still indented despite indent="no"

2005-02-21 05:28:21

I agree, which prompted my post asking if anyone knew how to trigger this
in the browser environment.

simplest (which is what I do) is to give in to overwhelming force and
stick xml:space="preserve" on the top level element of your source
file. Then styling with a stylesheet refenced via the xml-styleshet Pi
more or less works as expected.

Plan b is to use xml-stylesheet PI to reference a styleseet that generates
a small html file that uses javascript to reload the xml source after
setting preserveWhiteSpace. This also works but I gave up with this in
the end as it just seems wrong/expensive (you download and parse the
file the first time only to throw it away) and also at the time the
script interface on mozilla was under development /constant change so
getting it work cross browser was a pain, although I gather that latter
problem is no longer there.

David