xsl-list

RE: Mal-formed HTML within XML

2005-02-20 16:14:11
You said before that the malformed HTML was in your source document, now you
seem to have it in your stylesheet.

But you can have it in either. Your example is not guaranteed to work on
every processor, because not all processors support disable-output-escaping
(and some support it only if you invoke the processor in certain ways). But
if I take your fragment and turn it into a complete stylesheet by writing:

<Html xsl:version="1.0" xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform";>
<xsl:text disable-output-escaping="yes">
<![CDATA[
]]>
</xsl:text>
</Html>

and then run it (against any source document) from the command line using
Saxon, the result is:

<Html>

</Html>

(I do wish people wouldn't say simply "it didn't work". What actually
happened? Different results? Error message? If you say what happened, people
on this list can explain *why* it didn't work.)

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/