xsl-list

RE: Mal-formed HTML within XML

2005-02-20 15:31:27
For historical reasons, I need to store mal-formed html
within my xml data,
and then output it as html, without the tags showing.

Two possible solutions:

(a) use the tidy utility to make the HTML well-formed

(b) use disable-output-escaping to serialize the CDATA content without
escaping the angle brackets.

Usual caveats about d-o-e apply, but this is the use case that justifies its
inclusion in the spec.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/

<Content>
      <Section ref="2">
              <Name>Summary</Name>
              <HTML><p>Hello world&nbsp;</HTML>
      </Section>
<Content>

If I put the html inside CDATA tags, then the tags are
displayed in the
browser, but if I don't use CDATA then the xml is not well-formed.

Is there a way to do this?

Maria

--~--