xsl-list

AW: Closing and reopening hierarchically structured elements

2005-02-14 06:27:52
Hi Michael,

Thanks very much for your reply.
Actually, I though about that before, but since I could not imagine any other
solution and being absolutly desperate,
I though this would be my last escape route...
My problem is that the table must appear at the same logical position as
before...
How can the grouping mechanism help me at this position?
Is there a simpler way in XSLT 2.0?

Thanks very much for your patience.

wbr,
Roman

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Michael Kay [mailto:mike(_at_)saxonica(_dot_)com]
Gesendet: Montag, 14. Februar 2005 13:42
An: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Betreff: RE: [xsl] Closing and reopening hierarchically
structured elements

The second step involves closing all ancestor elements before my
table.
Generating an <fo:block span="all">, including my table
markup within
and re-opening my closed ancestor elements (including all
attributes
defined before).

no, no! XSLT instructions write nodes to a tree, they don't
"open" and "close" elements. Writing a node is an indivisible
operation.

Read http://www.jenitennison.com/xslt/grouping, and inwardly absorb...

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/