xsl-list

RE: XSL create XML files

2005-02-13 11:03:57
Thanks, this is a more helpful description of your problem.

It sounds like a description of a grouping problem. In XSLT 2.0 you can
tackle grouping problems using the new xsl:for-each-group instruction, but
in 1.0 there are a number of techniques, explained at

http://www.jenitennison.com/xslt/grouping

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/

-----Original Message-----
From: Marcos Hercules dos Santos [mailto:mhercules(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com]
Sent: 13 February 2005 17:39
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: Re: [xsl] XSL create XML files

Mr. Kay, I yet don't have a structure, but my question is based in the
fact of using elements that will have more of one occurence in the
same structure XML , I would wish to   create a XML file with the list
of these elements with no repetition.
EX. a product called TV will appear between hundreds of
others, but it'll appear
many times for differents customers. But in this file I want to create
it must appear just one time for when I need to print a list of
products.

This is the idea, but if you have other ways, send me back

Thanks,

Marcos Hercules dos Santos

On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 23:37:03 -0000, Michael Kay